UTVs have become a popular choice for those looking for an all-terrain vehicle. Because of their popularity, the market for UTV tires has grown as well. There are now more options than ever when it comes to choosing the right tire for your UTV.
In this article, we will discuss the different types of UTV tires available and how to choose the best one for your needs.
UTVs vs ATVs
Before we get into the different types of UTV tires, it's important to understand the difference between Utility Task Vehicles (UTVs) and All-Terrain Vehicles (ATVs).
UTVs are built for off-road use and are typically but not exclusively used in work environments such as farms or construction sites. They are larger than ATVs and can seat up to six people. UTVs also have a roll cage and come equipped with side-by-side seating.
ATVs, on the other hand, are built largely for recreation and leisure. They are smaller than UTVs and can only seat one or two people. ATVs also do not have a roll cage but may have racks or cargo boxes attached to them.
When it comes to their tires, UTV tires are designed to be larger and more durable than ATV tires. This is because UTVs are heavier than ATVs and put more stress on their tires. UTV tires also have a more aggressive tread pattern than ATV tires. This is because they are designed for use on rougher terrain.
Now that we've discussed the difference between UTVs and ATVs let's talk about what makes a great UTV tire.
What Makes A Great UTV Tire?
A great UTV tire should be made of high-quality rubber that can withstand the rigors of off-road use. The tire should also have a deep tread pattern with large lugs. These lugs will provide traction on loose or slippery surfaces.
The sidewalls of a great UTV tire should be reinforced to prevent punctures and other damage. The tire should also be able to resist abrasion from rocks and other debris. Finally, a great UTV tire should be able to withstand extreme temperatures. This is important because UTVs are often used in hot desert climates or cold mountain environments.
Now let's talk about the different types of UTV tires available.
Different Types Of UTV Tires
There are several different types of UTV tires available on the market. The kind of tire you choose will depend on the terrain you'll be using your UTV on.
Mud Tires: Mud tires have a very aggressive tread pattern designed to provide traction in muddy or slippery conditions. These tires typically have large lugs with deep voids between them.
- TUSK Mud Force Tire - This tire combines open voids for excellent traction on softer surfaces and linked lug stability on hard surfaces to provide a balance of both. The basic tread pattern has been designed to ensure consistent ground contact throughout the ride, ensuring a pleasant experience.
Sand Tires: Sand tires have a lighter tread pattern than mud tires. This is because they are designed for use on sand dunes or other sandy surfaces. Sand tires typically have smaller lugs with shallower voids between them.
- TUSK Sand Lite Tire - These tires were built to be light and float well, allowing them to operate as intended on the sand. The front wheels have a central ribbed pattern for increased directional control. For ideal performance in challenging situations, the rear tires have the best paddle count, paddle height, stabilizing ribs, weight, and flotation.
Rock (Hard Surface) Tires: Rock tires have a very aggressive tread pattern designed to provide traction on rocky or uneven terrain. These tires typically have large lugs with deep voids between them.
- TUSK TriloBite Tire - The Tusk TriloBite tire is suited to heavier ATVs and UTVs. It has the same superb tread pattern and performance as the TriloBite original but with a thicker carcass for increased puncture resistance and longevity. Its strong tread design is fantastic for dirt, rock, and general hard surface driving.
Snow Tires: Snow tires have a special tread pattern designed to provide traction in snowy or icy conditions. These tires typically have small lugs with shallow voids between them.
- TUSK Terraform Tire - The Tusk Terraform ATV/UTV tire is a fantastic all-terrain tire. The deep tread works well in sand and snow, while the unique tread pattern and high-quality rubber compound provide excellent traction on hard surfaces while being very smooth. The tread angle and tire profile were designed with a cornering feel and performance in mind. An aggressive shoulder design adds protection and grip without compromising handling or looks.
Street Tires: Street tires are designed for use on paved surfaces such as roads or parking lots. These tires have a somewhat smoother tread pattern with smaller lugs.
- TUSK Aramid Terrabite Tire - The Tusk Terrabite Aramid Terrabite tire is the most adaptable all-terrain tread for UTVs and ATVs. The Twaron Aramid belting in the tread area improves traction and durability while preventing sidewall tears. To be more specific, the synthetic Para-Aramid Fibers utilized in the tire's construction have some incredible characteristics! Due to its tremendous strength and heat resistance, this truck-style tread design is versatile and has a long travel distance.
General Purpose Tires: General purpose tires are designed for use on a variety of surfaces such as dirt, sand, or rocks. These tires typically have a moderate tread pattern with medium-sized lugs.
- TUSK Terrabite - The Tusk Terrabite is an all-terrain tire for small vehicles such as UTVs and ATVs that has a truck-style tread construction and high-quality rubber. The excellent multi-surface performance and long life expectancy of the truck tread design and high-quality rubber make it a great choice for off-road use. The aggressive shoulder and side grooves provide shock protection as well as dirt, sand, and rock biting ability. The Terrabite is a comprehensive package for off-road performance because of its smooth ride and superior off-road traction.
Now that we've discussed the different types of UTV tires available, let's talk about choosing the best tire for your needs.
How To Choose UTV Tires
When choosing a UTV tire, it's important to consider the terrain you'll be using your UTV on most often. If you'll be using your UTV mostly on paved surfaces, then street tires are a good option. If you'll be using your UTV mostly on off-road surfaces, then general-purpose or mud tires are a good option.
It's essential to consider the size of your UTV when choosing tires. UTVs come in a variety of sizes, and each size has its own tire specifications. Make sure you select tires that are the correct size for your UTV. Most retailers will have a fitment data tool on their website or eCommerce stores to help you find the right size tires for your UTV.
It's also important to consider your budget when choosing UTV tires. There is a wide range of prices for UTV tires, so be sure to choose something that fits within your budget. ATV and UTV tire brands, such as TUSK, are a great option because they offer a wide variety of high-quality tires at affordable prices.MX PowerPlay specializes in high-quality ATV and UTV components, parts, and accessories. We guarantee prompt delivery and a secure and straightforward online transaction when you buy a Powersports component from us. All of the goods on our website come with a warranty as well as customer service assistance if needed. Please have a look at our catalog to discover more about what we have in stock.